ETS European Trucking Services Privacy Statement
ETS European Trucking Services is resonsable for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement. ETS European Trucking Services respects your privacy and ensures that you can entrust your personal data to us.
During your contacts with ETS European Trucking Services, data is collected and processed from you. With this data we can identify you as a person. That is why these are “personal data”. All information about which personal data ETS European Trucking Services processes and how ETS European Trucking Services handles this correctly can be found below.
By using the (mobile) website and other products and services of ETS European Trucking Services, you agree that this privacy statement applies to the personal data processed by ETS European Trucking Services.
Personal data and principles of data protection
Personal data is any data which can directly or indirectly identify you as an individual, for example your name and surname, postal or email address or telephone number. Insofar as your personal data has been collected within the scope of the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the following principles apply:
- ETS European Trucking Services shall only process your personal data in the event that a legal basis to do so exists. This basis may be derived from a law, a contract or your previous express consent, and insofar as the processing of your personal data is required.
- ETS European Trucking Services may only process such personal data required in terms of type and scope for the fulfillment of authorized purposes. Data must be relevant and appropriate.
- ETS European Trucking Services shall not store your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required under applicable retention policies and will delete it as soon as it may no longer be retained pursuant to applicable legislation.
- ETS European Trucking Services takes all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure your personal data is protected against unauthorized use and publication, and its security and confidentiality is guaranteed.
Personal data obtained
ETS European Trucking Services needs and obtains personal data in connection with various activities such as the provision of services such as transport activities (including delivery and pickup of loads), the use of the ETS European Trucking Services website, and requests to track shipments or answer questions.
In addition, it may be required by law to collect certain information, such as whether a load contains hazardous materials.
Please note that ETS European Trucking Services may be unable to provide you with certain services unless you provide this information.
The types of personal data ETS European Trucking Services may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, ETS European Trucking Services, address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as shipping-related contact details (e.g. the shipper’s, and consignee’s name, address, email address and telephone number), signature for proof of delivery, ETS European Trucking Services account number, information given to ETS European Trucking Services that helps ETS European Trucking Services access locations to which we provide services and information provided to ETS European Trucking Services regarding the content of certain loads, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom ETS European Trucking Services is asked to send information on the assumption that the person who provided the information obtained it in accordance with applicable law
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on ETS European Trucking Services’ official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) obtained through ETS European Trucking Services-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (including third-party login services)
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required
- Other personal information that may be provided to ETS European Trucking Services to obtain ETS European Trucking Services services
When you visit ETS European Trucking Services website, or interact with tools, widgets or plug-ins, ETS European Trucking Services may collect certain data by automated means, such as cookies. The data ETS European Trucking Services collects in this manner includes IP address and a unique device identifier.
ETS European Trucking Services may also use third-party analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) tools that collect information about visitor traffic on ETS European Trucking Services websites or apps. Google Analytics is a company based in the United States. Since it has qualified for the European Privacy Shield, ETS European Trucking Services may exchange information with this company. Also a data processing agreement is in place.
The settings of Googly Analytics have been modified in accordance with the advice of the authority Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Handleiding privacyvriendelijk instellen van Google Analytics d.d. 6 maart 2018) whereby the last octet of your IP-address is masked, the option ‘share data’ is turned off and ETS European Trucking Services does not use any other services provided by Google in combination with Google Analytics.
The above enables ETS European Trucking Services to improve your user experience when visiting ETS European Trucking Services websites and optimize these websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of ETS European Trucking Services websites or apps. ETS European Trucking Services may collect personal information about visitors’ online activities.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on ETS European Trucking Services websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
The legal bases for which ETS European Trucking Services collects, uses, transfers or disclose personal data include (i) the performance of a contract in place with you, (ii) marketing, improvement of our services and other legitimate (business) interests, (iii) compliance with legal obligations.
ETS European Trucking Services may also process personal data based on your consent and upon asking for any specific consent will inform you of the intended purposes for which relevant data will be processed.
Purposes of the processing
ETS European Trucking Services only uses your personal data for specific purposes.
ETS European Trucking Services may use the data obtained to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide services you request (such as logistics and supply chain management)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Process claims ETS European Trucking Services receives in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business
- Perform data analyses
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
ETS European Trucking Services may merge your data collected at one of its websites with data from sites of its affiliated companies for purposes of marketing products or services to you.
ETS European Trucking Services may share personal identifiable information with its affiliates in order to improve services to you. Also, ETS European Trucking Services may disclose aggregated user information to describe ETS European Trucking Services services to current and prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties and for other lawful purposes, including planning for and implementing advertising or promotional campaigns.
ETS European Trucking Services may use your data to determine the demographics of our website users and to distribute statistics and general marketplace information about ETS European Trucking Services. These demographics will always represent aggregate information and never identify a specific user.
ETS European Trucking Services uses information collected online through cookies for purposes such as to help diagnose technical and service problems and administer ETS European Trucking Services websites and apps. ETS European Trucking Services websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
ETS European Trucking Services may use data it obtains in other ways but shall then provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing personal data
ETS European Trucking Services employees shall only have access to your personal data on a need to know basis. ETS European Trucking Services may also share personal data with her affiliates which may use the data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
ETS European Trucking Services may transmit your personal data to third parties, such as internal or external service providers or suppliers commissioned by ETS European Trucking Services to render services on your behalf. Your personal data shall, however, only be transmitted to companies who are obliged to observe data secrecy and who abide by the relevant legislation in the processing of your data. Should such companies be located outside the EU, ETS European Trucking Services shall ensure the protection of your personal data in accordance with the relevant legislation for example by standard contractual clauses.
To perform pick-up and delivery services, ETS European Trucking Services shares shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payors and recipients. ETS European Trucking Services also share personal data with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. In the course of providing forwarding and logistics services ETS European Trucking Services may obtain, use and disclose personal data about third parties such as our customers’ customers. Data is then processed based on the contract in place with our customer.
ETS European Trucking Services may disclose data (i) if required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (ii) in response to requests by government agencies or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
ETS European Trucking Services does not sell or otherwise share personal data, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
Your rights regarding personal data
Right to information
You may, at any time, request to be informed which data pertaining to you is stored by a given group company, and also to whom such personal data has been transferred. ETS European Trucking Services is however not obliged to comply with your request for information in the event that it affects the interests of a third party in a manner which is not legally permissible, or in the event that, in a specific case, a legitimate interest in protecting business secrets contradicts such a course of action.
Right of rectification, deletion and limitation
You retain the right of rectification should the saved data pertaining to you be or become incomplete or incorrect. ETS European Trucking Services must delete your personal data if the requirement for data processing no longer exists of if you ask ETS European Trucking Services to do so.
Right of objection and to withdraw consent
You may object to the use of your data in the event that a contractual or legal right to object exists. In the event you have consented to the use of your data, you retain the right to revoke your consent at any time.
Right of free data transfer
You have the right to acquire your data as processed by ETS European Trucking Services in a structured, commonly (machine)readable form.
If you believe your personal data has been processed by ETS European Trucking Services in violation of this Privacy Statement and/or EU Data Protection regulation:
- You have the right to submit a complaint to ETS European Trucking Services. All complaints shall be investigated by ETS European Trucking Services as we will try to resolve your complaint.
- You may also submit a complaint to the supervisory authority Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl . This is the competent authority since the head offices of ETS European Trucking Services are situated in The Netherlands.
- You also have the right to take legal action against ETS European Trucking Services in the event of infringement.
ETS European Trucking Services maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that information located on the outside of a load or letter of transport may be visible to others and that you yourself are at all times responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your data, computer, logins, passwords and codes. ETS European Trucking Services does not accept any liability for damage/losses occurred as a result of data disclosed as described in this paragraph or as a result of your own actions/negligence.
Updates of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time to reflect changes in our business processes and corresponding personal data practices. These changes will be made without prior notice, however we will post a notice on our websites as a notification in case of significant changes.
Should you have any comments or questions relating to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at
ETS European Trucking Service B.V.
6361 GZ Nuth